High Profile Cases
WE HAVE REPRESENTED CELEBRITIES, DOCTORS, LAWYER’S AND POLICE OFFICERS FOR DUI’S AND OTHER CRIMES IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY COURTS THROUGHOUT OUR MANY YEARS OF PRACTICE
In order to protect the anonymity of our present and former clients, we have not listed their names in this website. However, the press has covered many cases for clients that Ron Hedding has represented on television and in new publications. Mr. Hedding and his firm are extremely well respected in Los Angeles Courthouses for their hard work, tenacity and successful results achieved for clients. Below are a few cases that give you an idea of the firm’s success.
VAN NUYS COURTHOUSE – HEDDING LAW FIRM REPRESENTS CELEBRITIES’ WIFE IN A SERIOUS DUI CASE IN THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
Mr. Hedding was able to keep his client out of jail and set up a plan of action for the client to prevent her from going to jail and suffering the severe consequences a dui can carry when a person’s blood alcohol level is high and they become involved in an accident. Thankfully no one was hurt and the judge and head city attorney were willing to give the client a break after reviewing a mitigation package submitted by the Hedding Law Firm.
SAN FERNANDO COURTHOUSE – DUI CASE DISMISSED BY JUDGE AFTER THE POLICE ARE FOUND TO HAVE ILLEGALLY PULLED CLIENT OVER IN VIOLATION OF THEIR 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS!
After a contested hearing where lead attorney Ronald Hedding grilled over the prosecution’s main witnesses, the judge finds that it is not legal for the police to pull over people in the City of San Fernando just because they have paper plates on their vehicle. Once it was determined that the client was pulled over because the police claimed that car thieves are using paper plates to hide the fact that the car is stolen, the judge realized that a policy like this is not just and would basically give the police the ability to pull over anyone who bought a new car.
The judge found the pull over illegal and everything obtained following the pull over was thrown out. the client’s breath result, field sobriety tests and every aspect of the case. The prosecutor was force to dismiss the case and justice was served.
For his conviction in the United States Court for the Central District of California on an indictment for violation of Section 659, Title 18, United States Code, for which he was sentenced on February tenth, 1969, to six months’ imprisonment, suspended, two years’ probation, and a fine of two hundred dollars ($200).
1) PLAYBOY ARTICLE –The August 2002 edition of Playboy magazine recognized attorney Ronald D. Hedding as an “ace criminal defense attorney” when referring to him in relation to a sensational deadly call girl murder case. Mr. Hedding represented an architect accused of killing his girlfriend’s madam. The case involved, among other things, an organized Russian prostitution ring that was bringing young women to America and enslaving them into prostitution to pay for their passage. Mr. Hedding’s client was alleged to have become romantically involved with one of the young woman and the prosecution charged that he killed the woman’s madam. To read more about this case you can pick-up a copy of the August 2002 edition of playboy, which features an eight page article.
2) SIX CHARGED IN SHOOTOUT ARE RELEASED– This April 1997 alleged murder/extortion case involved six persons being charged with murder, robbery and extortion. Following a nine-day preliminary hearing a Superior Court Judge dismissed all charges against all defendants. See Los Angeles Times and Glendale News-Press Articles.
3) ALL CHARGES DISMISSED IN MAJOR THEFT / EMBEZZLEMENT CASE– In September of 1997, Mr. Hedding’s photograph and an article were featured on the front page of the Los Angeles times relating to a case which ultimately ended in all charges against his client being dismissed. Mr. Hedding’s client was alleged to have embezzled more than $150,000.00 from a bookstore at California State University at Northridge.
4) VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS– In 1997 a jury returned a verdict awarding one of Mr. Hedding’s clients $180,000.00 because of an injury she sustained after a bikini waxing which resulted in a laceration to her labia.
– Kidnapping for ransom, terrorist threats, robbery, assault with a deadly weapon – after a three day trial, Judge (on defense motion) dismisses kidnapping for ransom charge. Jury finds client not guilty on remaining counts. Client is now free after facing life imprisonment.
*These are just a small sampling of the hundreds of cases Ronald D. Hedding and the Hedding Law Firm have successfully defended. When the pressure is on you must have an attorney who has both the ability to negotiate a successful result for their client and if necessary to win a case in front of a jury. This firm, its associates and staff have what it takes to protect their client’s interests.
Call Us Today For A Free Case Evaluation