Focused on Results.The Reviews Speak For Themselves

If an individual from out of state receives a DUI in California, they will typically be able to complete the required DUI classes in their home state.

If a defendant wants to complete community service or labor in order to avoid a jail sentence, then that will typically need to be done in the state of California.

Over the course of my career, I have had great success in helping clients avoid community service requirements so they do not have to worry about travelling from their home state to California.

Can An Officer Confiscate My Out-Of-State Driver’s License In A DUI Arrest?

Typically, law enforcement officers in Los Angeles County will not touch someone’s out-of-state driver’s license.

Instead, they will just issue a citation to appear in court for a DUI. Many of the computer systems are linked up now, which allows for what’s called reciprocity between states.

If someone’s information from their home state is linked up with the DMV in California and they end up with a conviction from California, then their home state could find out about the DUI and take action against them.

For example, when people come into California with a DUI from another state, they will usually have to complete a first-offender alcohol program and other requirements before obtaining a California driver’s license.

Attending Court For A Felony DUI In California If I Live Out Of State

Any time a person is charged with a felony DUI in Los Angeles, California, they’re going to have to appear in court in California; failure to do so will result in a warrant for their arrest.

Additionally, if someone gets put on felony probation in California, they will probably have to serve that probation in California.

This is a big battle that I frequently have to deal with when I represent out-of-state clients who have received felony DUIs in California. In every case, I will try to find these clients not guilty, but if that isn’t possible, then we will have to come up with an alternative way of getting that client back to their life in their home state.

For more information on Carrying Out A DUI Sentence In California, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (213) 542-0963 today.

Downtown Los Angeles Metro – DUI Courthouse

We have successfully handled thousands of DUI cases in this courthouse over our many years of practice. Division 60 is the arraignment court in downtown Los Angeles for DUI related cases. We are frequently in this particular court dealing with the prosecutors and the judge regarding DUI cases. Our experience related to DUI cases in the Metro Courthouse has been invaluable and extremely effective in successfully resolving DUI cases in Los Angeles for our clients.

See more Case Results >>

Ronald D. Hedding

Call Us Today For A Free Case Evaluation
(213) 542-0963