The Lawyers Other Lawyers Go To To Defend Them (213) 542-0963


Out of State Drivers Who Get a DUI in California

Posted by Ronald D. Hedding | Nov 23, 2020

I get a lot of calls, especially over the internet, from people who are visiting California, and they end up with a DUI, and they're trying to figure out what to do. Usually, what happens is they get pulled over, they're arrested, held in custody for some time, and then they're given a ticket with a date to appear in court.  They don't live in the county, so now they have the problem of dealing with it.

We handle these types of cases all the time.  I've been doing this now for 26 years.  I will try to make it as easy as possible for you. Fortunately, for a DUI, we can appear for you as long as it's a misdemeanor and not a felony.

Out of State Drivers Who Get a DUI in California

I can get all the paperwork on the court date and speak to the prosecutors. Even if you live in California, it's commonplace that your attorney will go into court first.

This is to see all the paperwork and speak to the prosecutor, so you aren't at a disadvantage in that sense just because you don't live in California and you picked up driving under the influence.

You Might Not Have To Appear in Court

I can often work it out so that you don't even have to appear in court in California, Los Angeles, or wherever the case may be.  We just have to look at everything and see if the government has the evidence against you.

I'll get you a copy of the police report to review it.  I'll check it as well, and then we can discuss it over the phone and get the best strategy together for you. If you do end up with a DUI, you'll be put on:

  • misdemeanor probation, which means just don't get in trouble for three years;
  • there will usually be a fine, and;
  • a lot of times, there may be an alcohol course, which you can typically do in your home state.

I've had a lot of success with people who have DUIs in California that doesn't live here, as far as being able to help them with their driver's license.

Also, help them not have to appear multiple times in a criminal court which is very difficult if you don't live in the state, keep them out of jail, and obviously, make things very smooth for you.

Often, we can make the appearances, and as you do what you're supposed to do related to the DUI case, we can appear in court for you, show the judge that you're complying, and not having any other trouble.

Experienced Drunk Driving Lawyer in Los Angeles

This is right up my alley.  I've been doing this a long time.  I've handled thousands of DUI cases.  Please check out my credentials.  I wrote all the content on this website.

Experienced Drunk Driving Lawyer in Los Angeles

I've helped hundreds of out-of-state drivers who get DUIs in California with an excellent track record and reviews.

Pick up the phone.  Make the call.  One of my office managers will answer the phone.  He's been doing this now for over 20 years, as well.

He'll answer all of your questions, and if you need to speak to me about the case, I'm available.

Let him know you want to speak to Ron Hedding.  I stand at the ready to help you if you've received a DUI and you live in another state, and you need help.

Hedding Law Firm is a top-rated criminal defense law firm located in Los Angeles County at 16000 Ventura Blvd #1208 Encino, CA 91436. Contact our office for a free case consultation at (213) 374-3952.

About the Author

Ronald D. Hedding

What Makes Ronald Hedding Uniquely Qualified To Represent You? I've been practicing criminal defense for almost 30 years and have handled thousands of cases, including all types of state and federal sex crime cases. All consultations are discreet and confidential.

Contact Us Today

Hedding Law Firm is committed to answering your questions about DUI law issues in California and throughout the United States.

I'll privately discuss your case with you at your convenience. All consultations are free, discreet, and confidential. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.